This innovative partnership between Birkbeck and ICAEW enables you to use ACA credits as the basis for gaining a ‘top up’ degree - at around half the usual cost of the award. Trainees beginning their ACA studies, those part way through their ACA training or those who have completed their training can join the programme, studying in the evening so there is no need to take extra time off work. On successful completion of your ACA and Birkbeck studies you could graduate in four to five years, with ACA and with an honours degree designed to complement it.
This programme attracts students from both the public and private sectors, including administrators, clerical workers and managers, as well as the self-employed. Because it is taught out of hours, you are able to combine academic studies with your daytime commitments.
The majority of our students work or care for a family, so you will be learning with people from a wide range of backgrounds and with a wide range of experiences. This creates a stimulating and supportive learning environment. Our tutorial/seminar sessions give you a chance to interact with your peers and to develop insights into analysing and interpreting a wide and varied subject matter.
Fees for the ACA tuition provider will be in addition to the Birkbeck fees and are payable direct to the ACA tuition provider. The degree may be funded by your employer as part of an ICAEW training agreement or as part of your continuing professional development.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- Birkbeck’s research excellence was confirmed in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, which placed Birkbeck 30th in the UK for research, with 73% of our research rated world-leading or internationally excellent.
- We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- Offered in partnership with the ICAEW.
For information about course structure and the moules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£6,935||European Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£6,935||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£10,500||Overseas Fees|