**Reasons to choose Kingston**
- This course offers you the option to study abroad at one of our partner universities.
- In preparation for your future career, throughout the course, you’ll develop core skills valued by employers.
- This course gives you flexibility so, after the first year, you’ll be able to switch to pure Economics or Financial Economics, or remain on this Business Economics programme.
**This course is offered with a Foundation Year in Social Sciences**
The foundation year takes place the year before your degree. You will study four year-long modules that cover all subject areas (psychology, economics, sociology and politics) within social sciences. Upon successful completion of this foundation year you will progress to Year 1 of your chosen degree.
**About this course**
This course has a very distinct, pluralist approach, examining a wide variety of economic thoughts and theories. You’ll study a range of approaches to understand the aims, methods and outcomes of production and businesses. Your studies will take into account the limitations as well as the possibilities of markets.
You’ll be able to specialise in understanding how businesses operate. This includes the nature of competition, the role of the firm in contemporary capitalism, strategic decision making in various market structures and the economic analysis of organisational structures.
This degree will develop your analytical, numerical, and problem solving skills. These are highly valued by employers in both the public and private sectors.
Examples of modules:
- Foundation Year in Social Sciences
- Becoming an Economist
- Economic Policy and Principles
- Economics Quantitatively Treated 1
- Competition and the Firm
- Economics Quantitatively Treated 2
Year 3 (Core)
- Economics of Organisations and Strategy
- Working as an Economist
Year 3 (Optional)
- Advanced Economic Policy and Principles
- Development Economics
- International Trade and Finance
- Mathematical Economics
- Money, Banking and Financial Economics
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
Full Time Including Foundation Year
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||Other Fees|