**Reasons to choose Kingston**
– Kingston’s Stanley Picker Gallery and Dorich House Museum give you the opportunity to participate in events and gain curation experience.
– You’ll develop professional skills in design, production and project management through our newly launched Creative Agency.
– Kingston University is an associate of the Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) and the Creative Industries Federation (CIF). You’ll receive free ICA and CIF memberships, participate in seminars and events, and have the opportunity to become a Kingston/ICA intern.
**About this course**
This degree prepares you for a career in art direction in creative enterprises, such as advertising, fashion and media. You’ll develop your knowledge of these industries, exploring topics such as design theory, branding and strategy for creative organisations. You’ll examine art direction in depth, developing your understanding of what art direction brings to creative enterprises. You’ll be able to create effective advertising campaigns, visual identities and content creation for organisations and projects. There are opportunities to work on live projects with creative companies and institutions. You’ll interpret briefs and transform a company’s ideas into a coherent visual identity.
Examples of modules: Please note that is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
- Visual Narratives & Design Thinking: Creating compelling stories, creative problem solving
- History & Context of the Creative Industries: Content, critique & competition
- Art Direction
- Customer Mindfulness
- Creative Project Management
- Live case study
- Art Direction 2
- The Major Project
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|