**Reasons to choose Kingston**
– Kingston is number one in London for Nursing and Midwifery (Guardian League Tables 2020).
– 100 per cent of students from this course are in highly-skilled employment or further study six months after graduating (DLHE 2016/17).
– This course has received 100 per cent overall satisfaction (National Student Survey 2019).
**About this course**
Study this course and you’ll become a registered learning disability nurse, ready to make a positive difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities.
You’ll study the factors that affect people’s health and wellbeing, the health inequalities in our society and how we can improve health outcomes for people with a learning disability and autistic spectrum conditions (ASC). You’ll explore the management of complex conditions across the lifespan, from children to the older person and those with dementia or other mental or physical health needs.
Through simulations, and on placement, you’ll work collaboratively with service users. Placement providers include South West London and St George’s Mental Health Trust, Surrey and Borders Partnership Trust, The Children’s Trust and The Royal Hospital for Neuro-disability.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. These modules will be subject to change in accordance with the new pre-registration midwifery education standards from the Nursing and Midwifery Council for 2020.
Examples of modules:
- Science for Nursing
- Nursing in Context
- Foundations of Learning Disability Nursing
- Nursing Practice Part 1
- Person-centred Care
- Learning Disability: Identifying and Meeting Health Needs
- Learning Disability: Promoting Improved Health Outcomes
- Nursing Practice Part 2
- Transition to Professional Practice in Learning Disability Nursing
- Complexities of Learning Disability Nursing
- Developing Evidence-based Practice
- Nursing Practice Part 3
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|