This is a four-year degree at Goldsmiths. If you successfully achieve the progression requirements of the foundation year, you can continue with the full-time three-year BA (Hons) English degree.
**Why study the Integrated Degree in English at Goldsmiths?**
- There are no formal entrance requirements, you just need to demonstrate a keen interest in the subject
- You'll attend a study skills module as part of the programme, to develop your academic writing and research skills
- You'll develop an understanding of literary history and criticism, and the confidence and skills necessary to progress to the degree
- You'll have the opportunity to progress to our BA English degree
- Our staff come from a variety of cultural backgrounds and, with their diverse research specialities, they’ll be able to help you develop your own interests
- The Department is large enough to provide a wide range of modules, but small enough to let you get to know other students and staff
The foundation year takes an overview approach to literary history, and includes components in Renaissance studies, 18th-century literature, Victorian literature and modernism. Novels, plays and poetry will be studied, and a variety of approaches to literary criticism are discussed and critically assessed. You also learn study skills, and critically evaluate your own work in individual tutorials.
Module options on this degree offer an historical view of writing in English, and also let you specialise in areas of interest, including thematic and genre-based approaches to literature, comparative analysis, and literary theory. Our staff have diverse cultural backgrounds and research areas, so are ideally placed to offer you insights as you develop your own interests in American, British, European, Irish, Caribbean or other literatures in English.
Please note that due to staff research commitments not all of these modules may be available every year.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
- IELTS (Academic)6.0With a 6.0 in writing and no element lower than 5.5