**Reasons to choose Kingston**
– The Guardian University League table 2020 ranked Kingston first in London for journalism and publishing.
– Kingston’s media facilities include industrystandard software, two dedicated newsrooms and a broadcast media suite.
– You’ll gain invaluable experience through a journalistic work placement. This experience, alongside your portfolio, will enhance your employability in the communications sector.
**About this course**
Are you considering a career in journalism or media? This practical course will give you an excellent start, preparing you for the changes and challenges that
will meet you. You’ll gain the skills to communicate effectively across diverse media and markets.
You’ll research, design and produce a range of media products, developing skills in project management and team-working. Live projects include creating and producing the campus newspaper and news website, The River.
Through practical modules, you’ll develop your writing, editing and production skills. You’ll also acquire an understanding of the legal and ethical implications that may apply to your work.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
- Practical Journalism 1
- Thinking about Journalism
- How Media Changed the World
- Digital Media Foundations
- Practical Journalism 2
- Theories of Mass and New Media
- Optional modules including:
- Magazine Journalism
- Broadcast Journalism
- Multi-media Production
- Media and Politics in the Age of Global Communications
- Journalism in History and Literature
- Practical Journalism 3
- Media Research Project
- Optional modules, including:
- Journalism, Ethics & the Industry
- Issues in Media and Cultural Studies
- Specialist Journalism: Business
- Specialist Journalism: Sport
- Specialist Journalism: Fashion
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|