The BSc Digital and Technology Solutions degree apprenticeship is designed to develop graduate-level software engineers through a combination of work-based training and academic learning. The programme delivers the UK Government Apprenticeship Standard for Digital and Technology Solutions Professionals. It allows apprentices to work during the day and study during the evening.
The degree is suitable for apprentices and existing employees working, or preparing to work, in: software engineering, computer programming, systems analysis, systems design, software development and software testing.
Please note: apprentices on this degree are funded by their employer so are not eligible for a student loan.
- Accreditation: the BSc Digital and Technology Solutions degree delivers the Apprenticeship Standard for Digital and Technology Solutions Professionals and has Tech Industry Gold Accreditation. Tech Industry Gold degrees and degree apprenticeship programmes have been assessed as meeting the employer-relevant standards defined by the Tech Partnership, an employer-led apprenticeship trailblazer group.
- Employer support: we aim to work in close collaboration with employers to produce first-class software engineering graduates/professionals. We offer a comprehensive package of employer engagement and support throughout the degree apprenticeship. This includes: dedicated employer liaison staff; an initial planning meeting; termly progress meetings; regular progress reports; work-based learning modules; active involvement in project selection and supervision. Levy-paying employers fund their apprentices' studies via their digital account from the Digital Apprentice Service.
- Apprentice support: we aim to support apprentices in all areas of their study throughout the lifetime of their degree apprenticeship. We offer: academic mentors; peer mentors; a wide range of academic support services, including transferable skills workshops and one-to-one tutorials; drop-in sessions; termly progress meetings.
- Academic excellence: the Department of Computer Science and Information Systems at Birkbeck is one of the longest-established computing departments in the UK, celebrating its 62nd anniversary in 2019. It provides a stimulating teaching and research environment for both part-time and full-time students. Lecturers are drawn from both the academic and professional worlds.
- State-of-the-art facilities: the Department has its own dedicated, state-of-the-art computer labs within the College. It also has its own dedicated network.
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF), more than 75% of our research outputs in Computer Science were ranked world-leading or internationally excellent.
For information about course structure and the moules you will be studying, please visit Birkbeck’s online prospectus.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£6,250||European Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£6,250||Home Fees|