**Reasons to choose Kingston**
– Kingston is number one in London for Nursing and Midwifery (Guardian League Tables 2020).
– 100 per cent of graduates are in employment six months after completing their course (DLHE 2019).
– For 50 per cent of the course, you’ll be on placement or in our award-winning simulation suites, developing practical and therapeutic skills (Student Nursing Times Awards 2019).
**About this course**
Mental health nursing is a highly rewarding career where you can make a real difference. This course leads to registration as a mental health nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
Your studies will include core elements for all fields of nursing and modules specific to mental health. You’ll be able to learn first-hand from mental health service users and carers, through Kingston’s partnerships with service user and carer-led organisations.
You’ll have the opportunity to put your learning to practice on placement. Our placement providers include South West London and St George’s Mental Health
Trust, Surrey and Borders Partnership Trust, South London and Maudsley (SLAM) NHS Foundation Trust, Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust and independent hospitals including the Priory Group.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. These modules will be subject to change in accordance with the new pre-registration midwifery education standards from the Nursing and Midwifery Council for 2020.
Examples of modules:
- Science for Nursing
- Nursing in Context
- Foundations of Mental Health Nursing
- Nursing Practice Part 1
- Person-centred Care
- The Care Process in Mental Health Nursing
- Collaborative Working in Mental Health
- Nursing Practice Part 2
- Transition to Professional Practice in Mental Health Nursing
- Complexities of Mental Health Nursing
- Developing Evidence-based Practice
- Nursing Practice Part 3
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|