**Reasons to choose Kingston**
– We are proud to be ranked number one in London for Nursing and Midwifery (Guardian University League Tables, 2020)
– It received more than 94 per cent for satisfaction for learning resources (National Student Survey 2018).
– Half of your time will be on placements and in simulation suites, helping you develop practical skills. Our award-winning simulation suite has twice won the Student Nursing Times Teaching Innovation of the Year award.
– Kingston and St George’s won three Nursing Times Awards in 2019.
**About this course**
This course leads to registration as a mental health nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
You’ll study both generic modules – alongside students from all fields of nursing – and modules that focus specifically on mental health nursing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn first-hand from mental health service users and carers, through our strong partnerships with service user and carer-led organisations.
Placement providers include South West London and St George’s Mental Health Trust, Surrey and Borders Partnership Trust, Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust and independent hospitals including the Priory Group.
**Our 2020 curriculum is currently being revised in line with the new NMC standards.**
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. These modules will be subject to change in accordance with the new pre-registration midwifery education standards from the Nursing and Midwifery Council for 2020.
Examples of modules:
- Science for Nursing
- Nursing in Context
- Foundations of Mental Health Nursing
- Nursing Practice Part 1
- Person-centred Care
- The Care Process in Mental Health Nursing
- Collaborative Working in Mental Health
- Nursing Practice Part 2
- Transition to Professional Practice in Mental Health Nursing
- Complexities of Mental Health Nursing
- Developing Evidence-based Practice
- Nursing Practice Part 3
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|