This is a four-year degree at Goldsmiths. If you successfully achieve the progression requirements of the foundation year, you can continue with the full-time three-year BA (Hons) Anthropology degree.
**Why study the Integrated Degree in Anthropology at Goldsmiths?**
- All you need is an interest in Anthropology – there aren’t any formal entry requirements
- You’ll learn about anthropology, human society and the difference between cultures, as well as globalisation and visual anthropology. You’ll explore relevant political, economic and social anthropological themes (including money, work and consumption; nation, place and migration; race and ethnicity, sex and gender; violence; and fundamentalism)
- You’ll develop key study skills on a dedicated course throughout the programme
- If you successfully achieve the progression requirements for the course, you'll progress onto Year 1 of the BA Anthropology degree, and really delve into the specifics of the subject
During the Foundation year you will study the following modules:
Ways into Anthropology
Contemporary Issues in Anthropology
Doing Anthropology : Methods and Ethics
Studying Anthropology (Ways of Seeing)
Visual and Applied Anthropology Workshop
Individual tutorial support and academic guidance is given by the programme tutor. You'll also attend a study skills course as part of the programme.
Introduction to Social Anthropology
Ethnography of a Selected Region I
Anthropology in London
Anthropology of Religion
Anthropology and the Visual
Politics, Economics and Social Change
Ethnography of a Selected Region II
General Principles of Social Anthropology
Level 6 - you also take either:
an individual project (30 credits) examined by an 8,000-word dissertation
an extended individual project (45 credits) examined by a 12,000-word dissertation
Both of these modules are research projects of your own choosing and design, the topic to be agreed with the member of the department who acts as supervisor. In addition you take modules totalling 120 credits from the options available.
Please note that due to staff research commitments not all of these modules may be available every year.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||Other Fees|
- IELTS (Academic)6.0with a 6.0 in writing and no element lower than 5.5