This design degree allows you to develop strong design thinking while exploring your own creative focus. We encourage you to act through design to effect change, propose new visions of the future, and engage with sustainability.
- You'll undertake a professional placement in your second year, allowing you to gain invaluable work experience and professional contacts. Recent placement organisations have included Imagination, Oxfam, Alexander McQueen, Selfridges and Studio Myerscough.
- Our graduates are industry leaders – they work in top design consultancies (Pentagram, Heatherwick studio) and companies (Dyson, Selfridges, Oxfam), they've set up their own design studios (including Jailmake, PAN Studio, UsCreates), and they've progressed to become senior designers, consultants, and creative directors.
- You'll be taught technical skills by staff who work in the industry and have their own practices.
- The degree offers excellent teaching, in an exciting and dynamic educational environment. You'll have dedicated studio space and use industry-standard workshops, with the latest in laser cutting and 3D modelling technology.
- Our students regularly work on and win national awards.
- Our degree shows attract massive interest from creative industry leaders who offer exciting placements to our students, and careers to our graduates.
Using an interdisciplinary approach, you will engage with a diverse set of critical and practical ideas, and will be encouraged to push beyond the boundaries of traditional design specialisms. The BA Design equips you with the skills and confidence to build a career in a wide range of professions: opening a host of potential career pathways.
Please note the BA Design only accepts applications for first year entry.
For us design is not just a way to make and do things; it is a way to understand and engage with the world. With this philosophy in mind we have developed a highly successful and innovative programme, where you learn to see design as a complex combination of systems and actions, and not just as a set of distinct practical skills. The BA Design degree enables you to think imaginatively about the possibilities of design, and ultimately to define your own creative practice. You will discover how design affects the environment as a whole, as you investigate its role within society and culture. The BA Design is not only concerned with understanding what design is; our curriculum provides you with a way to explore what design might be. The degree is structured around five different modules: Studio Practice, Contextual Studies, Technical Studies, Technical Studies and Professional Practice. These modules support and complement one another within each year of study, and as you progress through the years they are designed to build a coherent set of experiences.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
- IELTS (Academic)6.0With a 6.0 in writing and no element lower than 5.5