Design isn’t just a way of making and doing; it’s a way of understanding and engaging with the world.
**Why study BA Design at Goldsmiths?**
- The BA Design degree enables you to think imaginatively about the possibilities of design. Not just what design is; but what it might be. You’ll discover how design affects the environment as a whole, as you investigate its role within society and culture. You’ll learn to see design as a complex combination of systems and actions, and not just as a set of distinct practical skills.
- We give you access to studio space and industry-standard workshops, with the latest in laser cutting and 3D modelling technology.
- You’ll work on live briefs set by real life companies. These projects allow you to develop your ideas and present to design professionals, gaining valuable experience and insight.
- In your second year, you’ll have the chance to do a placement. Past placement hosts have included Selfridges and Alexander McQueen.
- Our graduates have gone on to work for top London design consultancies and major international brands including Dyson, LEGO, Google and Burberry. Many have also gone on to set up their own design studios.
- Students and graduates have also been successful in national and international competitions, winning awards including the New Designer of the Year Award, RSA Design Directions Award, the Design Museum’s ‘Design Mart’ and NESTA’s Creative Pioneer Programme.
Please note the BA Design only accepts applications for first year entry.
For us design is not just a way to make and do things; it is a way to understand and engage with the world. With this philosophy in mind we have developed a highly successful and innovative programme, where you learn to see design as a complex combination of systems and actions, and not just as a set of distinct practical skills. The BA Design degree enables you to think imaginatively about the possibilities of design, and ultimately to define your own creative practice. You will discover how design affects the environment as a whole, as you investigate its role within society and culture. The BA Design is not only concerned with understanding what design is; our curriculum provides you with a way to explore what design might be. The degree is structured around five different modules: Studio Practice, Contextual Studies, Technical Studies, Technical Studies and Professional Practice. These modules support and complement one another within each year of study, and as you progress through the years they are designed to build a coherent set of experiences.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|
- IELTS (Academic)6.0With a 6.0 in writing and no element lower than 5.5