BA (Hons) Journalism is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant and Castle, part of University of the Arts London (UAL). You’ll gain skills and experience in all aspects of multimedia journalism in Year 1, then specialise in print and online or audio and video in Years 2 and 3.
**Why choose this course at London College of Communication**
• Specialise in print and online or broadcast media after a groundwork year learning core journalism skills.
• Gain hands-on skills in a multimedia newsroom alongside a critical awareness of the political, social and economic contexts in which journalism operates.
• Meet industry leaders and recent graduates to build up your network. Recent speakers include: Eleanor Mills (Editorial Director, Sunday Times), Elizabeth Pears (News Editor, Buzzfeed), Phoebe Hurst (Managing Editor, Vice), Simon Usborne (Guardian, FT), Gian Quaglieni (BBC • • Current Affairs Commissioning Editor), Murad Ahmed (Sports Correspondent for the FT), Dan Hancox (Guardian, London Review of Books, Vice), Megha Mohan (BBC News Gender and Identity Correspondent), James Cropper (video journalist, Channel 4 news and Press Association).
• Join a network of LCC graduates working for leading media businesses, including Channel 4, Daily Express, The Sun, BBC, Sky Sports, Vogue UK, Guardian, Sky, Joe.co.uk, CNBC, Vice Media, and Press Association.
• Study abroad for a semester in Year 2 in Denmark (Danish School of Media and Journalism) or the USA (University of California, Irvine).
**What can you expect?**
A combination of lectures, seminars, tutorials and practical workshops, taught in Mac suites, AV- equipped classrooms and studios, as appropriate. The course will cover: Core journalism skills: researching, interviewing, writing and pitching. Broadcast techniques: self-shooting video, audio recording, digital editing. Critical analysis of contemporary media, legal and ethical issues. Contextual study of relevant cultural and historical theory. Use of a fully Mac-equipped newsroom, video and radio studios. Field trips, guest speakers and special events. Choice of theoretical or practice unit in Year 2.
**About London College of Communication**
London College of Communication is for the curious, the brave and the committed: those who want to transform themselves and the world around them. Through a diverse, world-leading community of teaching, research and partnerships with industry, we enable our students to succeed as future-facing creatives in the always-evolving design, media and screen industries. The London College of Communication experience is all about learning by doing. Our students get their hands dirty and develop their skills through the exploration of our facilities and technical spaces. Students work on live briefs and commissions, with everything from independent start-ups and charities in Southwark, through to major global companies, including Penguin, the National Trust and Royal Mail, to name a few.
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|