Develop your unique identity as a visual storyteller, learning skills from across this rapidly-changing and dynamic industry from news photography and current events to conceptual documentary, editorial and multimedia. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant and Castle, part of University of the Arts London (UAL).
**Why choose this course at London College of Communication**
• We have a broad and inclusive approach to photojournalism and documentary photography, constantly questioning the genre boundaries and looking to the future of the industry.
• Our practice tutors are professionals from across the industry: highly experienced photojournalists, documentary photographers and picture editors at the forefront of their fields.
• You’ll have access to an unparalleled range of leading guest speakers and tutors, who come and work with the course on a regular basis.
• The critical and theoretical elements of the course are delivered by internationally published scholars and recognised leaders in the field.
• Everything we do is guided by a commitment to research, professional ethics and critical reflection.
• Our analogue and digital technology teams are resourced with cutting-edge equipment and dedicated, course-specific expertise
• Industry links within our department and across the college provide our students with a range of collaborative opportunities and professional experience
• Our students have gone on to be well-known and award-winning photographers, and to a range of other photography-related careers including picture editing, picture research, NGO and human rights work, publishing, journalism and further academic study.
**About London College of Communication**
London College of Communication is for the curious, the brave and the committed: those who want to transform themselves and the world around them. Through a diverse, world-leading community of teaching, research and partnerships with industry, we enable our students to succeed as future-facing creatives in the always-evolving design, media and screen industries. The London College of Communication experience is all about learning by doing. Our students get their hands dirty and develop their skills through the exploration of our facilities and technical spaces. Students work on live briefs and commissions, with everything from independent start-ups and charities in Southwark, through to major global companies, including Penguin, the National Trust and Royal Mail, to name a few.
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|