**Reasons to choose Kingston**
– Kingston is number one in London for Nursing and Midwifery (Guardian League Tables 2020).
– Our award-winning simulation suite offers realistic environments in which to learn, including hospital wards and community settings with family roleplayers (Student Nursing Times Awards 2019).
– 100 per cent of students from this course are in employment or further study six months after graduating (DLHE 2016/17).
**About this course**
This course is an ideal route into children’s nursing. It will enable you to become a registered children’s nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
You’ll learn to provide evidence-based care for children and young people (birth to age 18), working in partnership with their families and with other health and social care professionals. You’ll spend your time learning about child development in healthy children and in children who are acutely ill or need complex, high dependency or palliative care.
Placement opportunities are at London’s leading NHS hospitals such as Great Ormond Street, St George’s, St Helier, Kingston, Royal Marsden, Chelsea and Westminster and Royal Brompton Hospitals, as well as in community settings.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. These modules will be subject to change in accordance with the new pre-registration midwifery education standards from the Nursing and Midwifery Council for 2020.
Examples of modules:
- Science for Nursing
- Nursing in Context
- Foundations of Children's Nursing
- Nursing Practice Part 1
- Person-centred Care
- Care of the Acutely Ill Child
- Contemporary Issues in Children's Nursing
- Nursing Practice Part 2
- Transition to Professional Practice in Children's Nursing
- Complexities of Children's Nursing
- Developing Evidence-based Practice
- Nursing Practice Part 3
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|