**Reasons to choose Kingston**
– We are proud to be ranked number one in London for Nursing and Midwifery (Guardian University League Tables, 2020)
– Our award-winning simulation suite offers a wide range of realistic environments to learn in. These include hospital wards and community settings, with child and family role-players.
– 100 per cent of students from this course are in employment or further study six months after graduating (DHLE 2016/17).
– This course received more than 94 per cent overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2018).
**About this course**
This course will enable you to become a registered children’s nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
You’ll gain the skills and knowledge to provide best evidence-based care for a child or young person (from birth to young adulthood) in partnership with their family, in hospital and community settings.
You’ll study modules relevant to all fields of nursing, as well as those that focus on children’s nursing, you’ll also learn about child development, the healthy child as well children and young people who are acutely ill, or require complex, high dependency or palliative care.
There is a wide range of placement opportunities at London’s leading NHS hospitals (Great Ormond Street, St George’s, St Helier, Kingston, Croydon, Royal Marsden, Chelsea and Westminster and Royal Brompton Hospitals), specialists, and community placements.
**Our 2020 curriculum is currently being revised in line with the new NMC standards.**
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. These modules will be subject to change in accordance with the new pre-registration midwifery education standards from the Nursing and Midwifery Council for 2020.
Examples of modules:
- Science for Nursing
- Nursing in Context
- Foundations of Children's Nursing
- Nursing Practice Part 1
- Person-centred Care
- Care of the Acutely Ill Child
- Contemporary Issues in Children's Nursing
- Nursing Practice Part 2
- Transition to Professional Practice in Children's Nursing
- Complexities of Children's Nursing
- Developing Evidence-based Practice
- Nursing Practice Part 3
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|