The Biomedical Engineering BEng programme is designed to train the next generation of biomedical engineers working in healthcare research and development. On completion of the course, graduates can go on to specialise in Medical Engineering, Medical Physics or apply for further study in Medicine.
- King’s is recognised as one of the international leaders in Medical Engineering and Physics education.
- Our Biomedical Engineering Department is based in one of the UK’s centres of excellence for medical imaging in a clinical setting at St Thomas’ Hospital.
- Designed to prepare students to enter jobs in the evolving field of biomedical engineering, healthcare research or further study in medicine.
- Taught by a combination of academic and clinical researchers at the forefront of their field.
- The programme is CEng accredited and fulfils the educational requirements for Chartered Engineer when presented with an accredited MSc. In addition, the programme meets the educational requirements for registration as an Incorprated Engineer.
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Engineering (with Honours) - BEng (Hon)||£9,250||Home Fees|
- IELTS (Academic) -- 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill
- PTE Academic -- 59 overall with a minimum of 54 in each skill
- TOEFL (iBT) -- 80 overall with a minimum of 20 in each skills
- Cambridge English Advanced -- 169 overall with a minimum of 160 in each skill
- Cambridge English Proficiency -- 169 overall with a minimum of 160 in each skill
- Institution's Own Test -- Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 6
- Trinity ISE -- Level III (ISEIII) with pass in each skill