**Why choose this course?**
– Reasons to choose Kingston – Kingston is ranked No 1 in London for journalism and publishing (Guardian University League tables 2020).
– You’ll have many opportunities to do work experience and internships in London, the hub of the UK’s media industry. You’ll be supported by our work placement scheme.
– You’ll gain hands-on experience at our student-run River newspaper and River Online (a past winner of the Guardian Student Media Award newspaper of the year).
**Foundation year - Humanities & Arts**
If you want to gain a degree but are not yet ready for an undergraduate degree course, a foundation year is ideal. It offers an entry route if you lack A-levels, have A-levels in unrelated subjects, are a mature student or would simply like an introduction to degree-level study.
**About this course**
Are you looking for a course that prepares you for the demands of a career in journalism? By studying journalism at Kingston, you’ll develop skills in digital journalism, mobile reporting, video and social media, news and feature-writing. You’ll also study the context of journalism within society.
This degree can be tailored to your interests and career goals. Subjects include broadcast journalism, data journalism, magazine journalism, visual storytelling, or international, business, fashion or sports journalism. You’ll have the opportunity to produce your own live digital and print publications.
Core subjects include news production, video, layout, ethics and media law. There is also the opportunity to pursue a research project and to study abroad at one of our partner universities.
Examples of modules: please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
Foundation year modules
- Humanities in Action: Identity, Voice, Style
- Radical Imaginations
- Being Human: History and the History of Ideas
- Communication in Context and Practice
- Digital Skills for Journalists
- Journalism in the Wider World
- Practical Journalism 1
- Thinking about Journalism
- Broadcast Journalism
- Journalism in History and Literature
- Journalism Research Paper
- Magazine Journalism
- Practical Journalism 2
- Journalism Dissertation
- Journalism, Ethics and the Industry
- Practical Journalism 3
- Special Study: Literary Journalism and War
- Specialist Journalism: Business
- Specialist Journalism: Fashion
- Specialist Journalism: Sport
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|