Geared towards industry and designed to develop your creative, commercial and practical skills, BA (Hons) Film Practice will prepare you for a range of technical roles within film production. Workshops in the areas of sound, camerawork, lighting, producing, acting, editing, screenwriting, production design, directing and assistant directing will develop your skills and potential to operate creatively and within a variety of technical roles. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant & Castle, part of University of the Arts London.
**What can you expect?**
• BA (Hons) Film Practice provides practical experience covering the entire production process from development to post production, in a supported environment with industry professionals. This approach reflects the pressures of production deadlines and is designed with an emphasis on creativity and core skills, such as entrepreneurship, project management and teamwork.
• The backdrop to this course is the College's state'of'the'art media facilities that boast a multi'camera studio and Final Cut Pro editing suites. You will also benefit from LCC's excellent location which has easy access to the British Film Institute, Tate Modern and The Cinema Museum. The College is also home to the Stanley Kubrick Archive from which films are screened for seminars and guest lectures.
• You'll be thrown into a hands'on learning experience, collaborating with other students on six films, ensuring that you experience the entire film production process, from development to post production. In order to complete these projects, you'll make full use of a large amount of professional digital recording equipment and post'production facilities. This rigorous and focused curriculum reflects the strategies, disciplines and realities of contemporary professional digital film production and takes place in a nurturing and encouraging environment.
• You'll also benefit from seminars with agents, development executives and exhibitors, who have been generous in offering students invaluable opportunities to build professional networks and to receive career advice. In addition, you’ll develop key transferable skills such as entrepreneurship, project management and teamwork to support you in forging a successful career path.
• The course places great importance on providing students with the opportunity to meet practitioners from all aspects of the film industry, including directors, assistant directors, producers, development executives, exhibitioners, location managers, casting agents, talent agents, production designers, art directors, cinematographers, sound recordists, sound designers, gaffers and grips.
• You’ll be guided in making submissions to international film festivals and competitions in order to secure work experience at UK film festivals and to start building your professional CV.
**About London College of Communication (LCC)**
The LCC experience is all about learning by doing. As an LCC student, you’ll get your hands dirty and develop your skills in outstanding technical spaces. Our facilities are at an industry standard and include photographic and television studios, darkrooms, 3D workshop, prototyping lab, gallery spaces, printing studios, and newsrooms.
Our courses are industry focused and you’ll be taught by an inspiring community of experienced academics, technical experts, and leading specialist practitioners within our Design School, Media School and Screen School.
We offer a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in subjects such as journalism, advertising, Public Relations and publishing, photography, film, television and sound, graphic communication, illustration and visual communication, animation, games, design management, branded spaces and interactive and information design.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£19,350||Overseas Fees|