Become a leader in the field of spatial experience design. This professionally focused design course will equip you with the specialist skills and knowledge to create unique experiential spaces, 3D installations and creative events. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant and Castle, part of University of the Arts London (UAL).
Why choose this course at London College of Communication
• Join innovative design professions: you’ll learn to design 3D experiences for a broad range of commercial, cultural and public organisations.
• Explore cutting-edge practices: you’ll learn how to integrate innovative technologies such as projection mapping and augmented reality into the design of branded spaces.
• Redefine sustainable practices: you’ll explore the power of design to transform and enrich people’s experiences in a socially and environmentally conscious mindset.
• Develop your professional and international networks: you’ll work on live briefs with students from other disciplines, professional designers and organisations in the UK and abroad. Previous clients include MUZA in Malta and the Stanley Kubrick archive in London.
• Develop your 3D design knowledge and skills: you’ll learn a broad range of spatial and experiential design methods. Skills include digital software, 3D making, laser cutting and 3D printing technologies.
What can you expect?
Innovation, curiosity, creativity and the articulation of ideas through experimentation are central to the course experience. We’ll encourage you to see things differently and to design solutions that are unique to you both in concept and realisation. You’ll develop your creativity and design knowledge through a range of practical and theoretical design practices. A lively studio culture is enhanced by contextual studies and the development of professional practice skills – essential in the competitive workplace. You’ll be taught by an inspiring community of experienced designers and specialists, in addition to visits from guest professional designers. You’ll also benefit from key thinkers and practitioners working across boundaries and at the cutting edge of their disciplines
About London College of Communication
London College of Communication is for the curious, the brave and the committed: those who want to transform themselves and the world around them. Through a diverse, world-leading community of teaching, research and partnerships with industry, we enable our students to succeed as future-facing creatives in the always-evolving design, media and screen industries. The London College of Communication experience is all about learning by doing. Our students get their hands dirty and develop their skills through the exploration of our facilities and technical spaces. Students work on live briefs and commissions, with everything from independent start-ups and charities in Southwark, through to major global companies, including Penguin, the National Trust and Royal Mail, to name a few.
Tuitions and fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|3 Years - full-time||Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9250||Home Fees|