**Why choose this course?**
– You’ll be able to take advantage of a huge range of opportunities and activities, including research, group events and lectures, Kingston Language Scheme and the Writers’ Centre, Kingston.
– You’ll understand how style and meaning are created and interpreted through spoken and written texts, and apply this knowledge to your own writing.
– You’ll graduate with skills that employers seek, such as: communication, critical thinking, organisation, intercultural awareness, team work and the ability to work independently.
**About this course**
If you want to gain a degree but are not yet ready for an undergraduate course, a foundation year is ideal. It offers an entry route if you lack A levels, have A levels in unrelated subjects, are a mature student or would simply like an introduction to degree level study
Throughout this year-long course, you can study a range of subjects, ncluding literature, language, creative writing, journalism and media, allowing you to get a better idea of which ones you prefer. The foundation year will develop your independent study skills and help you to better understand your academic ability, a potential career path and how to develop the skills that employers look for in graduates. Once you've completed it, you can then progress on to a BA(Hons) English and Creative Writing.
Foundation year modules - please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
- Humanities in Action: Identity, Voice, Style
- Radical Imaginations
- Being Human: History and the History of Ideas
- Communication in Context and Practice
- Reading London: Drama, Poetry and Prose
- Introduction to Creative Writing I
- Writing that Works
- Introduction to Communication
- Independent Research Studies
- Independent Creative Writing
- Optional modules
- Professional Communication Skills
- Optional modules
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|