**Reasons to choose Kingston**
– Kingston University is ranked number one for Nursing and Midwifery in London (Guardian League Tables 2020).
– 100 per cent of students from this course are in highly-skilled employment or further study six months after graduating (DLHE 2016/17).
– St George’s, University of London, is the only UK university entirely dedicated to medicine and healthcare sciences.
**About this course**
Are you a registered adult nurse and considering a move into midwifery? If so, this course is ideal as it recognises the skills and knowledge you already have.
You’ll gain the scientific knowledge and practical skills for a midwifery career, graduating with a degree and a professional midwifery qualification.
There are extensive placement opportunities. You’ll gain clinical experience in maternity units in a variety of hospital and community settings in south-west London and Surrey.
Please note: if you already have a BSc (Hons) in Adult Nursing at grade 2.2 or above, you could enrol on our postgraduate midwifery course.
**Our 2020 curriculum is currently being revised in line with the new NMC standards.**
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list. These modules will be subject to change in accordance with the new pre-registration midwifery education standards from the Nursing and Midwifery Council for 2020.
Examples of Modules:
- Transition to Midwifery Practice
- Social and Political Context of Midwifery Care
- Midwifery and Complicated Childbearing
- Effective Midwifery Practice
- Improving Practice through Research
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|