**Reasons to choose Kingston**
- Kingston is one of only a few UK universities with a real-time Bloomberg trading room, giving you access to real-world data and the technology of the financial workplace.
- In just three years, you’ll graduate with both a degree and practical work experience that employers are looking for.
- You’ll have the opportunity to gain exemptions from professional qualifications exams.
**This course is offered with a Foundation Year in Business**
The foundation year takes place the year before your degree. You will study at Kingston College and cover topics including professional skills, numerical concepts, business IT, marketing, customer care and business law. Upon successful completion of this foundation year you will progress to Year 1 of this degree.
**About this course**
This course is ideal for a career in accounting and for learning to apply accounting and finance to a variety of roles and organisations.
It comes with ‘business experience’, aiming to increase your employability and career success, and the Business Readiness Programme, which develops your business skills. You’ll be able to get valuable hands-on experience through a work internship or choose research internships, consultancy in practice or entrepreneurship modules.
The course is accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and the Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT). It offers partial exemptions (credits for prior learning) from their professional exams. The University is also an Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) Higher Education Partner in Learning.
Examples of modules:
- Foundation Year in Business
Year 1 Core
- Law for Accountants
- Financial Accounting
- Business Information Analysis
- The Accountant`s Business Environment
- Business Readiness and Skills (Stage 1)
Year 2 Core
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting
- Business Readiness and Skills (Stage 2)
Year 2 Optional (Choose 1)
- Enterprise Finance and Management
Final Year Core
- Theory and Practice of Financial Reporting
- Corporate Finance
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Theory and Practice of Taxation
Final Year Optional
- Business Readiness Careers and Employability (Stage 3)
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||Other Fees|