This programme equips you with an in-depth understanding of the key conceptual and technological issues involved in building software systems.
- After completing this degree, you'll have a strong understanding of how to design, develop and apply software in all areas of commerce and industry.
- You'll have the option of taking an industrial placement year between the second and final year, allowing you to gain invaluable work experience in a computing, digital design or information technology field.
- You'll develop a clear sense of the issues involved in building and maintaining reliable software for the sophisticated demands of today's market and for the software industry as it develops throughout the 21st century.
- You'll explore how computing interacts with a wide range of other subject areas, including applications in the arts and creative industries.
- Our teaching is strongly focused on practical work in real world situations.
- We're ranked number 2 in London for computing (Guardian University League Tables 2017.
Please note the BSc Computer Science only accepts applications for first year entry.
Level 4 - You take the following modules:
Fundamentals of Computer Science
Mathematical Modelling for Problem Solving
Introduction to Programming
Problem Solving for Computer Science
Level 5 - You take:
Principles and Applications of Programming
Data, Networks and the Web
Algorithms and Data Structures
Optional placement year - Our degrees include an optional industrial placement year between the second and final year of study. Although we encourage you to take the opportunity of a placement year, you can also complete your degree in a straight three years.
Level 6/your final year consists of option modules (term one) and a major project (term two and three), in which you apply your new technological skills to solve real-world problems in innovative and practical ways. Some examples of current final year option modules include:
Digital Venture Creation
Please note that due to staff research commitments not all of these modules may be available every year.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||Other Fees|
- IELTS (Academic)6.0With no element lower than 5.5