**Why choose this course?**
– Kingston has strong links with The Rose, the largest producing theatre in south-west London. You’ll benefit from its resources and expertise and perform there.
– Guest speakers from the world of theatre such as voice coaches, theatre directors and actors, contribute to the course.
– Drama facilities include two theatres with professional lighting and sound equipment. Regular classes are scheduled at The Rose Theatre.
**About this course**
This degree is delivered through a range of methods, including practical workshops, seminars and lectures. You’ll develop a wide range of skills and methods in theatre making and performance, study key approaches to interpreting performance and learn about theatre design.
You’ll explore important phases in theatre history, as well as contemporary plays and the work of directors and playwrights such as Stanislavski, Ibsen and Brecht. The course culminates in a major Production Project module.
You’ll be able to choose modules to reflect your interests. Options include cabaret, stand-up comedy, postmodern performance, clowning, devising, directing, Shakespeare, Renaissance theatre, tragedy, scriptwriting and theatre in the digital age.
Please note that this is an indicative list of modules and is not intended as a definitive list.
- Culture and Performance
- Performance Vocabularies and Methods
- Staging Histories
- The Actor and the Text
- Modernism and the Stage
- Devising in Context
- The Play Today
- The Theatre Director: crafting productions for the stage
- Popular Performance I: Mask and Clown
- Shakespeare: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow
- Write Action: Introduction to Dramatic Writing
- After Modernism: Avant Garde Performance from the 1940s to the Present Day
- Beyond Text: Advanced Dramatic Writing
- Popular Performance II: Cabaret and Variety
- Production Projects A
- Production Projects B
- Renaissance Drama In Action 1567 - 1642
- Special Study: Applied Theatre
- Special Study: Cyber Text: Drama in the Digital Era
- Special Study: Tragedy, Catastrophe, Trauma
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||European Fees|