BA (Hons) Advertising is a multi-award winning course with students gaining accolades at the British D&AD awards, the Young Creative Network, Cannes Future Lions and The One Club New York amongst others. It has been crafted to help you realise those essential skills you'll need for a successful career in the advertising industry. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant and Castle, part of University of the Arts London (UAL).
**Why choose this course at London College of Communication**
• Industry Talks: We have regular guest talks by industry professionals. Most recently our students have benefited from visits by speakers from major advertising agencies including MediaCom, Mother London, W+K and VCCP. Steve Henry and ex-D&AD Presidents Alfredo Marcantonio and Peter Souter are a few of the industry leaders who have visited us.
• Industry Briefs: Work on live briefs set by industry. Previous briefs have been set by Candy Space Agency, Kalectiv and Advertising Week Europe. Students have also delivered on briefs for Colgate Palmolive, the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA), Hostelworld, London College of Fashion and One Young World.
• Awards: Our students have won awards from D&AD New Blood, One Club Young Ones, YCN and Future Lions.
• Employability: We support you to develop your employability skills. Graduates from the course have gone on to work at Google, Vice, BBH, Droga 5, Hearts & Science, Anomaly, Y&R, AKQA, AMV BBDO and Twelve. Our students have also been offered paid work placements and internships at agencies including Portas, JWT and MBA.
• Collaboration: You will be given the opportunity to take part in a collaborative project with students on other courses or with external clients on live projects and in competitions when available. We also run student exchanges with Hong Kong Polytechnic and College of Advertising and Design, Brussels.
**What can you expect?**
As a student on BA (Hons) Advertising, you will learn how to:
• Research, create and write your own strategic briefs
• Produce content for print, television, radio and digital media
• Use typography and photography to enhance your work
• Use the latest technologies to tell a story, understanding the power of image and sound
• Work collaboratively as part of a team
You will practise your craft and come to appreciate the conceptual, theoretical and practical aspects of advertising from strategy through to initial ideas, creative execution and client presentation.
**About London College of Communication**
London College of Communication is for the curious, the brave and the committed: those who want to transform themselves and the world around them. Through a diverse, world-leading community of teaching, research and partnerships with industry, we enable our students to succeed as future-facing creatives in the always-evolving design, media and screen industries. The London College of Communication experience is all about learning by doing. Our students get their hands dirty and develop their skills through the exploration of our facilities and technical spaces. Students work on live briefs and commissions, with everything from independent start-ups and charities in Southwark, through to major global companies, including Penguin, the National Trust and Royal Mail, to name a few.
Tuition & Fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|