BA (Hons) Advertising is a multi-award winning course with students gaining accolades at Cannes Young Lions and Future Lions, D&AD UK and The One Show New York amongst others. The course will equip you with the essential skills needed for a successful career in the advertising industry. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant & Castle, part of University of the Arts London (UAL).
**What can you expect?**
• Write and create your own strategic briefs.
• Produce branded content for digital media, including television and radio.
• Use typography and photography to enhance your work.
• Use the latest technologies to tell a story, understanding the power of image and sound.
• Work collaboratively, as part of a team.
The course is structured to emulate a real-life advertising agency. You’ll practice your craft and come to appreciate the conceptual, theoretical and practical aspects of advertising from strategy through to initial ideas, creative execution and client presentation.
There will be a set programme of academic and live project briefs set by creative directors and opportunities to raise your profile through student competitions and self-initiated projects. In doing this, you will draw on taught techniques for ideas-generation, research, consumer planning and storyboarding as well as pitching your idea for funding, and creatively realising your work to achieve strategic and brand goals.
You’ll leave the course having developed a personal and professional approach to advertising, with a strong portfolio of work, having learnt how to think differently, in order to create your own future as a leader in this highly creative arena.
**Reasons to apply**
• Industry Talks: We've had guest talks from the likes of Ben Priest, Tom Curtis from MBA and creatives from Mother London, W+K and VCCP. Steve Henry and ex-D&AD Presidents Alfredo Marcantonio and Peter Souter have all visited our studio.
• Industry Briefs: We’ve worked on live briefs set by Candy Space Agency, Kalectiv and Advertising Week Europe. They have delivered on briefs for Colgate Palmolive, the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA), Hostelworld, London College of Fashion and One Young World.
• Awards: Our students have won awards from D&AD New Blood, One Show Young Ones, YCN and Future Lions.
• Employment: Graduates from the course have gone on to work at Google, Vice, BBH, Droga 5, the IE Agency, Anomaly, Y&R, AKQA, AMV BBDO and Twelve. Our students have also been offered paid work placements and internships from agencies, including Portas, JWT and MBA.
• Collaboration: You’ll be given the opportunity to take part in a collaborative project with students on other courses or with real clients on live projects. We've run student exchanges with Hong Kong Polytechnic and College of Advertising and Design, Brussels.
**About London College of Communication**
The communications sector is evolving fast. Through our world-leading community of teaching, research and industry partnerships, we enable our students to develop the critical, creative and technical excellence needed to succeed and to discover new possibilities and practices.
Our Design, Media and Screen Schools produce experts and award-winners across virtual reality, journalism, photography, television and sound, graphic communication, games, design management – and more.
The London College of Communication experience is all about learning by doing. Our students get their hands dirty and develop their skills through the exploration of our facilities and technical spaces.
Students work on live briefs and commissions, with everything from independent start-ups and charities in Southwark, through to major global companies. Student designers, makers and innovators have worked with Nike, Penguin, the EU Commission, Colgate, Plan International, the National Trust, Nokia and Royal Mail, to name a few.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|