BA (Hons) Advertising will equip you with the skills that are essential for a successful career and place you at the centre of the fast'moving world of advertising. You will develop innovative thinking, creativity and enterprise skills. You’ll also gain an understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects of every level of the advertising industry. This course is taught at London College of Communication, at Elephant & Castle, part of University of the Arts London.
**What can you expect?**
• You will learn current advertising practices whilst also questioning latest thinking and challenging your preconceptions, so that you not only become a successful innovator today, but also tomorrow. The course is structured to emulate an advertising agency where you will practice your craft and come to appreciate the conceptual, theoretical and practical aspects of advertising through to creative output and client presentation.
• There will be a set programme of academic and live project briefs set by creative directors and opportunities to raise your profile through student competitions and self'initiated projects. In doing this, you will draw on taught techniques for ideas generation, research, consumer planning and storyboarding as well as pitching your ideas for funding, and creatively realising your work to achieve strategic and brand goals.
• Overall, you will leave the course having developed a very personal and professional approach to advertising, whereby you’ll be ready to work alone or as part of a collaborative project, creating your own future as a leader in this highly creative arena.
**Four reasons to apply**
• Industry guest lecture series: Sir John Hegarty, David Wood CEO at The Portas Agency, Mother London, ad guru Steve Henry, ex'presidents from D&AD Alfredo Marcantonio and Peter Souter.
• Industry collaborations: Candy Space Agency, Kalectiv: Digital Artists & Film Makers and live briefs set by The One Club New York, McCann Worldwide and the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA).
• Excellent employability: our graduates have gone on to advertising'related jobs with IE Agency, Google, Anomaly, Y&R and DDB Worldwide in New York and gain placements in world leading advertising and communication agencies such as Anomaly London, Mother London, BBH London, BBH New York.
• Student exchanges with Hong Kong Polytechnic and College of Advertising and Design, Brussels.
**About London College of Communication (LCC)**
The LCC experience is all about learning by doing. As an LCC student, you’ll get your hands dirty and develop your skills in outstanding technical spaces. Our facilities are at an industry standard and include photographic and television studios, darkrooms, 3D workshop, prototyping lab, gallery spaces, printing studios, and newsrooms.
Our courses are industry focused and you’ll be taught by an inspiring community of experienced academics, technical experts, and leading specialist practitioners within our Design School, Media School and Screen School.
We offer a range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses in subjects such as journalism, advertising, Public Relations and publishing, photography, film, television and sound, graphic communication, illustration and visual communication, animation, games, design management, branded spaces and interactive and information design.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|