The BSc (Hons) International Business is delivered by Cass Business School. Part of City, University of London, Sir John Cass Business School is one of Europe’s leading business schools and is ranked amongst the top 20 business schools in Europe (1).
Ranked 2nd in the UK for Business, Management and Marketing (2), the International Business BSc (Hons) pathway enables students to gain an understanding of the various elements of running a business and managing an organisation on an international scale. This degree should appeal particularly to you if you aim to work in multinational businesses or in other areas where contemporary issues affect the way business takes place globally. The degree will prepare you to consider the different impact of management concepts in different parts of the world and to apply these to practical examples. You will develop a broad understanding of business within an international context.
As part of this degree you must spend some time at one of our overseas partners and use this experience to contribute to your understanding of management concepts. You can choose between the following two study abroad options:
- Spend the first term of your second year studying equivalent modules at a partner university abroad. This option allows you to complete your degree in three years. (You must meet a certain grade criterion during your first year to be able to take part in the replacement term abroad programme).
- Spend a sandwich year abroad at one of our partner universities abroad in between your second and final year of study. This option extends the degree to four years. You will be able to reflect on this international experience within your final-year project. You will discuss issues related to the global economy, and will be encouraged to consider the particular impact of management concepts in different parts of the world.
The International Business pathway will equip you with the skills and knowledge that are essential for every well-equipped executive, but the core focus is on the area of international business. It will prepare you to work for a multinational organisation, interacting with clients from across the globe.
As the only business school in London to be assigned Champion status of the United Nation’s Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) initiative, Cass is best placed to train the next generation of business leaders capable of managing the complex demands faced by business and society in the 21st century.
Our entire suite of undergraduate business management programmes have been created to ensure ethical, social, environmental, cultural, and economic considerations are central to your preparation as future leaders in business. During your time on the International Business pathway, we support your professional and personal growth in a number of ways. As well as hosting a series of business networking events at our state-of-the art building, 2nd year students have the opportunity to mentor 1st year Business Management students and GCSE Mathematics pupils across London, ensuring you develop your communication and leadership skills throughout.
There are five BSc Business Management degree pathways taught at Cass Business School: BSc Business Management, BSc Business with Finance, BSc Business with Marketing, BSc Business Management, Digital Innovation and Entrepreneurship and BSc International Business. At any time during the first-one-and-a-half years of the degree, students can switch to a different pathway, subject to the availability of places. Some restrictions may apply if the student is spending part of the second year on a study abroad scheme.
(1) Financial Times European Business School Ranking 2019
(2) Guardian University Guide 2020
- Introduction to management
- Business economics
- Critical Analysis for Business
- Quantitative methods and analytics
- Operations and supply chain management
- Finance and management accounting 1
- Management lab and business skills
- Technology and innovation management
- Introduction to entrepreneurship
- Introduction to finance
- Human resources management
- Business strategy analysis
- International business environment
- International marketing
- Your choice of 1 elective module
- Final-year project or corporate responsibility project
- Research methods and data analysis
- Business in society
- Specialist modules:
- International business strategy
- Your choice of 3 elective modules
Tuitions and fees
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|3 Years - full-time||Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||£0||Other Fees|