**Why choose this course?**
You'll study contemporary crime issues in a location close to London, with its numerous high profile law institutions and renowned criminal courts.
You'll investigate high profile, global crime problems like human and organ trafficking, war and terrorism and gain real life experience through student placements, at organisations like the NSPCC, Childline, Kingston Borough Council and Victim Support.
You'll also engage in research that has real life impact for practitioners, offenders and victims. The lecturers who'll teach you are experts in policing, prisons, gender, transgender, race and ethnicity and they apply what you learn to real crime problems.
On this course you'll also get to take part in the annual School of Law, Social and Behavioural Sciences themed week. This is when regular teaching is replaced by a series of workshops, presentations, discussions and reading groups on a contemporary social issue. Previous themes have included race, war and gender, all led by expert speakers like Shami Chakrabati, Shadow Attorney General for England and Wales.
Examples of Modules:
- Crime, Law and Justice
- Foundations in Criminological Theory
- Researching Everyday Life
- Violence, Transgression and Society
- Globalisation and Social Change
- Doing Criminological Research
- Policing and Punishment
- Securing Human Rights: Contemporary Themes and Issues
- Slavery and Emancipation
- Youth, Crime and Deviance
- Diversity and Discrimination in the Criminal Justice System
- Applied Criminology: Work and Volunteering
- Crimes of the Powerful: Corporations, the State and Human Rights
- Criminology Dissertation
- Criminology Extended Dissertation
- Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity
- Human Rights and Political Violence
- Migration and Social Transformation
- Social Intersections: Gender, Race and Class
- The Politics of Crime in the Black Atlantic
- Global Terrorism and Transnational Crime
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Science (with Honours) - BSc (Hons)||Other Fees|