From 1 January 2021, the rules for EU students have changed. Find out everything you need to know about the impact of Brexit on students from the EU.
For students arriving from outside of the EU to study in London, you should continue to apply for your student visa in the usual way.
Information for students from the EU
In June 2020, the UK government announced that EU students will no longer benefit from home fee status and be eligible for financial support for courses starting in the 2021/22 academic year.
Find more guidance for EU students wishing to study in the UK on the official UK government website.
What are the consequences for EU students after Brexit?
- Head to the official UK government website for the latest guidance for EU students.
- Find the latest EU student advice from the British Council, including information about course fees and financial help.
- Visit the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) for immigration, fees and student support.
- Get guidance on the Erasmus+ Scheme, as well as information on any changes to the programme.
- Read helpful FAQs on Brexit for EU students from Universities UK.
- See the latest information on accessing NHS healthcare while studying in London.
- Keep up to date with the regulations around school travellers entering the UK.
If you are currently studying in London, contact your university for any further advice and guidance on Brexit for students.