There are many ways to save money while studying in London:
- Apply for a student Oyster card to save 30% on travelcards.
- When you enrol at a university in London, you will automatically receive a National Union of Students (NUS) card. Use the card in cades, restaurants, shops and cinemas to get student discounts.
- Search the web! There are hundreds of cheap cafes and restaurants serving good quality food in London. Magazines such as Time Out publish a very useful Cheap Eats guide.
- Make the most of the many museums and galleries in London - most of them are free! Music shops and pubs often have free bands playing and there are plenty of free lectures, talks and guided tours around the city.
- Free books, internet and other study resources can be found at your local library.
- An international student phonecard provides cheap calls home, or use free internet telephone calls using technology such as Skype.