We're looking for talented international student bloggers to share their experiences of studying in London on our website, newsletter and Facebook accounts.
We're looking for 3 international students to work with us for 7 hours a month for 6 months to help promote London to prospective international students. This is a paid position.
Each month you will be asked to complete :
- 1 x published blog of 250 words including a suitable image and/or video
- Answer or begin at least 10 discussions on the Study London Facebook Page (min three a week) using your own personal Facebook account. (We will also have a Weibo account so if you're a student from China please apply!)
- Be willing to be photographed to feature in the Study London newsletter
The above are the minimum requirements and it is expected you will contribute more to the campaign when you have the time. We will be running a special prize for the most active student, full details below.
Your blogs can be a mixture of writing about London and its events and attractions for students, as well as blogs which offer advice to international students on a chosen topic: e.g. tips on how to find the best course, how to apply for a student visa, how to find part-time work etc. Your blogs will appear on the Study London blog.
Students will be selected based on:
- A passion for London as demonstrated in your writing, images or videos
- Writing ability and your ability to communicate key Study London messages and advice for international students
- Use of images and videos
- An active social life - unfortunately we don't have an expenses budget so you'll need to blog about the interesting activities you get up to in your own time
You will work with us for 6 months. In return you will receive 7 hours pay at the London Living Wage rate of £8.30. So that's almost £350 for the entire project. You will be paid in two blocks, with half of the money after 3 months and the final half at the end of the project. We will of course also give you suitable references at the end the project if required.
In addition to the salary above, we will also be running a competition for the best and most active student contributor who will receive a special prize with Afternoon Tea at a 5* venue for you and a friend.
We're hoping to recruit students in June ready to begin working with us in July for 6 months when this project begins and to capitalise on all the excitement of London's Olympic summer. If you are not available over the summer we are willing to postpone start dates until September for suitable candidates.
To apply simply send us all of the information below:
- 250-300 words that showcase London to prospective international students OR offer international students advice about studying in London.
- All blogs must be accompanied by a relevant image or video URL (all video's should be uploaded to YouTube)
- Your name, university, course name, year of study and contact details
- You availability to begin in either July or September
- Feel free to link any blogs or other writing you may have published or any other materials that may support your application.
Email all of the above to Simon at Study London by 15 June 2012. Successful applicants will be contacted before the end of June 2012 and we may invite you to the office so we can meet to discuss your submission and ideas.