The MA Creative Design Start'up course offers you:
• the opportunity to develop an industry'‘tested’ creative design focused business
• a collaboration with a range of possible industry/business and collaborative partners
• a design specialist personal tutors, Project supervisors and mentors to explore and work with on case studies and briefs.
What is Creative Design Start'Up?
A business start'up requires taking the first step towards building your own creative design business from the ground up. If you consider yourself to be creative, then you’ve already got one of the essential traits to becoming a successful entrepreneur. Your creativity may help you with building a business plan and solving unique problems but you will also need to think about how to get new clients, how to maintain creativity in business, engagement via social media and much more.
The framework of the MA Creative Fashion Start'Up course has been structured to ensure that the academic element of the programme is coordinated with the start'up and prototype development phase of the business life cycle:
• providing you with a deep and systematic understanding of the relevant design industry skills, knowledge and practice needed to work at the forefront of the creative industries and face the challenges of business building
• giving you context to develop your own business model in a creative fashion innovation environment
• encouraging you to innovate and experiment with form, structure, language, and genre to produce distinctive and original work
• enabling you to develop a critical and self'directed approach to design practices, market opportunities, and your learning
• prepare capable and professionally astute, entrepreneurial graduates who contribute to the skill base of the creative industries here in the UK and internationally
• equip students to become life'long, independent and reflective learners at the forefront of your disciplines.
Why choose this course?
The postgraduate start'up course, MA Creative Design Start'Up will provide the requisite knowledge and skills to drive the development of a new potential business start'up.
The course is designed to complement the incubation of a business through supporting students in their:
• research, analysis
• the application of knowledge in entrepreneurship
• business governance and operation
• innovation management and negotiation.
On completion, graduates should be able to launch their own business, secure funding for their own business, and/or leverage entrepreneurial skills to obtain a role in an established creative innovation organisation.
The courses will give you:
• the opportunity to develop an industry'aligned design business
• a collaboration with a range of design industry partners
• the opportunity to establish a network of industry connections
• valuable peer relationships
• entrepreneurial skills
• MA Creative Design Start'Up is extremely attractive to entrepreneurial undergraduates and professionals who have studied or are working in an area of creative practice centred around design —whether that’s a creative communications collective, a new design brand, or a Start'Up with a product that enhances society through a design initiative.
• The courses are designed to attract early career professionals working in the creative and cultural industries or SMEs who want to either develop a business arising from an existing creative practice or to create the infrastructure and environment for new creative businesses.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- You will need a 2:1 pass at undergraduate level from an appropriate fashion, design and media subject degree.
- Applications for exceptional non-graduates with relevant industry experience can be considered. An interview is expected for all candidates.
- International students need to meet our English language requirement at IELTS 6.5 or above, and a minimum of 5.5 for each of the 4 individual components (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening).