The Education MA is a flexible course that enables students to pursue their own particular interests in education. It combines interdisciplinary perspectives with the development of analytical and core research skills. The course enables students to develop a critical understanding of education policies and practices and promotes capacities for creative thought and action.
Flexible and interdisciplinary study.
Supports a range of curriculum specialisms.
Draws on contemporary research to develop a critical understanding of education policies and practices.
Promotes analytical and research skills to enhance classroom practice.
Promotes transferable abilities such as policy analysis and research, communication and presentation skills.
Taught by staff with international reputations in their fields.
Provides opportunities to build local, national and international networks of teachers, academics and education policy specialists.
Suitable for educators across all sectors and others with an interest in education studies.
Located in the heart of London.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- A 2:1 undergraduate degree (or international equivalent).
- Lower undergraduate grades may be considered in certain circumstances, for example if the applicant has a PGCE with master's level credits. It is recommended that applicants have some relevant professional experience, either in teaching or in other educational practice such as policy. However, applications from candidates who do not have any experience but who do have relevant academic qualifications will be considered.
- International requirements Visit our admissions webpages to view our International entry requirements.
- English Language requirements Band B Visit our admissions webpages to view our English language entry requirements.
- Application procedure
- Applications must be made online using King’s online application portal apply.kcl.ac.uk and a non-refundable application fee of £55 applies.
- Applications will be considered by the Programme Director and one other member of staff. We aim to process all applications within four to six weeks.
- Personal statement and supporting information
- Please give your reasons for choice of programme, chossing King's College and for wishing to study at MA level together with an explanation of what you hope to gain from the programme.
- Application closing date
- We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible. Our first application deadline is the 30th March 2018. Applications will remain open if places are available and programmes will be closed as soon as they are full. For programmes with spaces remaining, no further applications will be accepted from non-EU (Overseas) nationals after 27th July 2018 or from UK/ EU nationals after 31st August 2018.