On successful completion of this MSc you can impress potential employers by not only having a postgraduate level qualification, but also having significant professional exam exemptions or passes.
This programme offers you the opportunity to attain a postgraduate degree from a Russell Group university and simultaneously gain exemptions (credit for prior learning) from examinations for the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). Completion of the programme also offers the maximum exemptions awarded by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
Thorough and stimulating, this degree programme includes specialist coverage of a range of topic areas within the disciplines of accounting and finance, including corporate reporting, auditing and assurance, taxation, finance, business strategy, business management and professional ethics.
You will develop quantitative and qualitative skills to enable you to make realistic business recommendations and solve problems in complex scenarios. Business awareness will need to be demonstrated at strategic, operating and transactional levels, and will include issues of sustainability.
The use of technical knowledge and professional judgement will be required to analyse data from multiple sources in order to evaluate alternatives, and determine appropriate solutions.
The University of Liverpool has one of the largest professionally qualified Accounting and Finance academic department in the UK. As such, we are able to offer different Master programmes in Accounting, each with its own unique benefits.
Semester 1: tax compliance; financial accounting and reporting; audit and assurance; business strategy and management; financial strategy. Semester 2: business planning (taxation); corporate reporting and auditing; strategic business management.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- You will normally need to have the equivalent of a UK honours degree, at 2.1 level or better in:
- Another relevant subject such as business, economics, finance or other quantitative discipline
- A non-relevant subject with relevant work experience.
- Applicants who are qualified or part-qualified with a recognised professional accounting body will also be considered.
- English Language Entry Requirements
- IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.0 in each component)
- TOEFL iBT 88 or above with minimum scores in components:
- - Listening and Writing 21
- - Reading 22
- - Speaking 23
- International Baccalaureate Standard Level (Grade 5)
- Hong Kong use of English AS level C
- INDIA Standard XII 70% or above from Central and Metro State Boards
- WAEC C4-6
- If you meet the academic requirements of the course but do not have the required level of English Language, it is possible for you to come and study at the University on one of our Pre-sessional EAP programmes.