Our Clinical and Health Sciences with Clinical Research course offers you the ability to tailor your educational needs to your professional interests. Designed for busy professionals, this online course offers a flexible, bespoke way for you to develop your career in clinical research.
The course is ideal for health professionals, clinical research support staff and people working in education and industry who aspire to become independent researchers, clinical academics or clinical researchers. You will be encouraged to plan, conduct and write up clinical research focused upon your own professional role.
This innovative course is aimed at those who already have a primary qualification (eg MBBS, BDS, BSc) and are working in health or life sciences field. It has been developed to provide a flexible approach, making it sustainable and compatible with modern career pathways whilst addressing the needs of a modern health service.
The courses are taught online, so you can choose to study anytime and anywhere. This flexibility means that you can fit your studies around your other commitments, plus develop your online literacy as a transferable skill. You can pick from over 30 modules in a diverse range of subjects to create your own bespoke course of study. You can choose to complete a single module for professional development or a full masters, working at your own pace in your own environment.
The e'learning course has been developed by Newcastle University, Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the NIHR Newcastle Training School as part of the NIHR Newcastle Biomedical Research Centre in Ageing and Chronic Disease.
You will be taught by staff with experience and expertise in clinical and health sciences and ageing.
You will be given an email address and an account on Blackboard, our managed learning environment. Blackboard is accessible across a variety of operating systems and browsers. Our materials and supporting reading are accessible across a variety of devices including desktop computers, tablets and mobile phones.
No campus attendance is needed, but you must have reliable access to a computer, internet connection, webcam, headset and printer. Recommended specifications:
•operating system: Windows 7 and above (32 and 64 bit) or Mac OSX 10.6 and above
•processor: Intel Pentium, Intel Celeron, Intel i3, Intel i5, Intel i7, or recent AMD processor
•RAM: At least 2GB
•connectivity: broadband or mobile broadband
•screen resolution: at least 1024 x 768 px.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert|
|Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip|
- A honours degree, or international equivalent, in a healthcare profession or relevant discipline. You must also be working in the healthcare profession or related field.
- You must be IT literate to complete these highly interactive courses online and have access to a computer with a:
- •reliable internet connection.
- We will also consider applications on an individual basis if you have lower or non-standard qualifications and are working in the healthcare profession or related field.
- International Students:
- To study this course you need to meet the following English Language requirements:
- Direct Entry: IELTS 7.0 overall (with a minimum of 7.0 in writing and reading and 6.5 in speaking and listening)
- Pre-sessional English Language courses are not accepted as an alternative entry to this course.
- Our typical English Language requirements are listed as IELTS scores but we also accept a wide range of English Language tests.
- The equivalent academic qualifications that we accept are listed on our country pages.