Our course allows you to tailor your study to your educational and professional interests. Designed for busy professionals, this online course offers a flexible, bespoke way for you to develop your career. We offer a range of clinical and research specialities.
Alongside clinical and health sciences modules, you can choose to specialise in:
•Therapeutics (including drug development)
This innovative course is aimed at those who already have a primary qualification (eg MBBS, BDS, BSc) and are working in health or life sciences field. Our students include:
•allied health professionals
•those working in the pharmaceutical industry.
The courses are taught online, so you can choose to study anytime and anywhere. This flexibility means that you can fit your studies around your other commitments, plus develop your online literacy as a transferable skill. You don't need to attend anything on campus.
The e'learning course has been developed by Newcastle University, Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and the NIHR Newcastle Training School as part of the NIHR Newcastle Biomedical Research Centre in Ageing and Chronic Disease.
The course is taught online, so you can choose to study anytime and anywhere. This flexibility means that you can fit your studies around your other commitments, plus develop your online literacy as a transferable skill.
You can pick from over 30 modules in a diverse range of subjects to create your own bespoke course of study. Subjects include:
•therapeutics (including drug design)
You can choose to complete a single module for continuous professional development (CPD) through to a full masters. You can work at your own pace in your own environment.
In each module you will receive direction and support from your module leader. We will encourage you to get to know your fellow students and support each other in your studies. One of our aims is for you to develop networks and relationships that will continue after graduation.
All of our modules are delivered through Blackboard, our managed learning environment. Blackboard is accessible across a variety of operating systems and browsers. Our materials and supporting reading are accessible across a variety of devices including desktop computers, tablets and mobile phones. You will be given Blackboard email address and an account to use the system.
As this course is online, you should feel comfortable using the internet and networking online. You don't have to be a technical expert to study this course. We'll give you an online induction before you start. This will show you the different interactive tools you will use during your studies. These include:
•collaborative learning spaces, eg wikis.
No campus attendance is needed, but you must have reliable access to the following:
•operating system: Windows 7 and above (32 and 64 bit) or Mac OSX 10.6 and above
•processor: Intel Pentium, Intel Celeron, Intel i3, Intel i5, Intel i7, or recent AMD processor
•RAM: At least 2GB
•connectivity: broadband or mobile broadband
•screen resolution: at least 1024 x 768 px.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert|
|Postgraduate Diploma - PgDip|
- A honours degree, or international equivalent, in a healthcare profession or relevant discipline. You must also be working in the healthcare profession or related field.
- You must be IT literate to complete these highly interactive courses online and have access to a computer with a:
- •reliable internet connection.
- We will also consider applications on an individual basis if you have lower or non-standard qualifications and are working in the healthcare profession or related field.
- International Students:
- To study this course you need to meet the following English Language requirements:
- Direct Entry: IELTS 7.0 overall (with a minimum of 7.0 in writing and reading and 6.5 in speaking and listening)
- Pre-sessional English Language courses are not accepted as an alternative entry to this course.
- Our typical English Language requirements are listed as IELTS scores but we also accept a wide range of English Language tests.
- The equivalent academic qualifications that we accept are listed on our country pages.