This Clinical Leadership PGCert is for experienced healthcare professionals. You will develop personal, professional and strategic leadership knowledge and skills. You will have access to inter'professional debate, the latest leadership theory and a variety of evidence based tools and techniques.
This course offers a unique learning opportunity to healthcare professionals from all clinical and non'clinical backgrounds. The course will increase your knowledge by sharing experiences of leadership dilemmas and challenges. Teaching is facilitated by leadership experts from a variety of healthcare backgrounds.
Claire Maxwell is the Degree Programme Director (DPD) for this course. She is a Nationally Accredited Clinical Leadership Development Facilitator with links to Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
You will reflect on your own leadership performance and experience through self'evaluation and 360 degree assessment. Diagnostic psychometric tools include:
•MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator)
•Healthcare Leadership Model 360 Degree Assessment
•Hays ESCI'U (Emotional and Social Competency Inventory)
You will also have the opportunity to access team diagnostic tools including:
•ATPI (Aston Team Performance Inventory)
•Team Reflexivity Questionnaire
•Do OD (NHS Organisational Development).
Our teaching is underpinned by current research, theory and practice.
The course includes:
•nine compulsory teaching days spread over nine months
•approximately 15 hours of independent study per week.
Each module comprises three full teaching days. This is one per month for three months.
Each teaching day includes a mix of:
•workshop style seminars.
The teaching days are designed to encourage a reflective approach to personal and professional development. Individual or group tutorials can also be arranged with members of the teaching team.
Blackboard is our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). It allows you to access the course content at anytime and from anywhere. The teaching and reading materials are accessible by desktop computer, tablet or mobile device.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Postgraduate Certificate - PgCert|
- You should have successfully completed the final year of:
- •an honours degree in a healthcare profession or relevant discipline
- •or an international equivalent
- You must also work, or have worked, in the healthcare profession or related field.
- Students who do not meet the above academic criteria but are working in the healthcare profession or allied field may be considered on an individual basis at the Degree Programme Director’s discretion.
- International Students:
- To study this course you need to meet the following English Language requirements:
- Direct Entry: IELTS 7.0 overall (with a minimum of 6.5 in all sub-skills).
- Pre-sessional English Language courses are not accepted as an alternative entry to this course.
- Our typical English Language requirements are listed as IELTS scores but we also accept a wide range of English Language tests.
- The equivalent academic qualifications that we accept are listed on our country pages.