<b>Finance and Accounting MSc with professional placement is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) as part of the CIMA Masters Gateway. </b> Students enrolled on this degree can apply to obtain 12 of the 17 foundation modules of the CIMA Professional Qualification. <p>
The Finance and Accounting MSc programme includes topics such as the theory of finance, company valuation, the assessment of corporate risk, international accounting standards, corporate governance and financial statement analysis. The professional placement option allows students to apply what you learn.<p>
Designed for students interested in a career in business and consulting, accountancy firms, financial institutions and government, this course also provides a thorough preparation for academic research in finance and accounting.<p>
It is also appropriate for those with professional qualifications in accounting who wish to obtain a deeper understanding of financial accountancy. <p>
You will have access to a variety of professional databases used in business and the finance industry which include Datastream, Bloomberg, Bank Scope, Osiris, Reuters 3000 Xtra and Thomson One Banker.
We hold regular training sessions and external visits with Bloomberg, which will enhance your research and expose you to real'world factors that will be important in future finance related employment.
<b>Modules include: </b> <p> Financial theory; <p>Financial reporting in capital markets; <p> Quantitative methods for finance and economics; <p>International accounting standards and policy; <p> Company valuation; <p> Investment valuation models; <p> Dissertation. <p> <b>Optional modules include: </b> <p>International finance; <p> Derivative securities; <p>Business finance workshop; <p>Global financial markets. <p> <i> Visit our website for more information. </i>
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- A UK 2.2 Honours degree (or equivalent internationally recognised qualification) in Economics, Finance, Accountancy, and Mathematical subjects. Applicants with 2.2 in a Business or Science Subject should demonstrate some exposure to Accountancy and Mathematics/Statistics.
- Applicants with 2.2 degrees with high grades in core subjects. e.g. maths/stats/econometrics/finance will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicants with relevant professional qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
- Applicant's with 2.2 degrees not in the specified subject area with relevant experience will be considered by the Admissions Tutor on an individual basis.
- applicants whose 1st language is not English require: ILETS 6.5 (with a minimum of 6 in all areas); Pearson 58 (with a minimum of 51 in all subscores); or BrunELT 65 per cent (with a minimum of 60 per cent in all areas).