MA Curating and Collections at Chelsea College of Arts focuses on developing the skills needed to curate a range of art and design objects within the context of public and private collections.
**What can you expect?**
• You will work alongside the established curatorial team at Chelsea Space, our on'site gallery.
• You will handle a range of collections held by UAL, which will help you explore current debates and practices in curating. The UAL collections include Chelsea's Special Collections, which have a strong emphasis on modern and contemporary art and design, Camberwell's ILEA collection of ceramics and glassware and Central Saint Martins' Museum and Study Collection, which includes early printed books, prints, illuminated manuscripts, embroideries, 1920s German film posters, textiles and garments.
• Practical skills to sit alongside critical reflection that will help you develop a balanced approach to curatorial methods.
• A course that focuses on working with contemporary and historic collections, exhibition design, concept development, marketing, press releases and budgeting.
• To explore current critical debates, keeping up to date on issues such as participation, the artist'curator dynamic and thinking about the public realm.
• Our curatorial team at Chelsea Space to provide training within an active and supportive curatorial environment, engaging you with the best examples of contemporary practice.
• To have access to the Chelsea library Special Collections, which have a strong emphasis on modern and contemporary art and design.
• To handle a range of collections held by the UAL, including Camberwell's ILEA collection of ceramics and glassware and Central Saint Martins' Museum and Study Collection.
**About Chelsea College of Arts**
Chelsea College of Arts is one of London's most prestigious art and design colleges. The College offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in curating, fine art, graphic design communication, textile design, interior design, and interior & spatial design.
The College's small size and supportive atmosphere creates an exciting community of creative students and staff. You will learn the practical, theoretical and professional elements of your subject from our expert staff. Chelsea College of Arts is a place where experimentation, ideas and concepts are encouraged to develop.
The College's Grade ll listed Pimlico site, located in central London overlooks the Tate Britain and the River Thames. It has excellent workshops, extensive library facilities, a canteen and an onsite gallery, Chelsea Space.
The College’s alumni includes Anish Kapoor, Steve McQueen, Haroon Mirza, Mariko Mori, Mike Nelson, Chris Ofili, James Richards, Mark Wallinger and Tatty Devine co'founders, Harriet Vine and Rosie Wolfenden.
Modules include: Analysis of practice and exploration of methodologies; development and consolidation; resolution; studio practice; advanced studio practice; theoretical studies.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- BA Honours degree in a related subject or equivalent academic qualifications. Study proposal. Applicants whose 1st language is not English require IELTS level 6.5 or above, with at least 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking.