The MBA (IM) is aimed at ambitious, knowledge hungry students from a wide range of entrepreneurial, business and public sector backgrounds looking to develop their careers, whether as entrepreneurs or business managers and leaders The development of a global network will be a key part of the experience.
An MBA (International Management) develops...
An understanding of the latest developments in managerial theories and practice in order to develop analytical judgement and critical awareness.
An in depth knowledge of the principles of strategic thinking in an international business context by building upon the practical experience of the course participants.
The course member’s diverse personal experiences as vehicles for learning, including peer group learning and for personal development of a range of managerial abilities, including team working and effective management skills.
Skills for change, decision making, adaptation, enterprise and sustainability in a dynamic and complex international business environment. To combine knowledge with a student'centred learning process to develop skills, attitudes and abilities relevant to the student’s future employment. In particular it is designed to equip students with the ability to manage change, both in their individual career and at organisational level.
Cultural intelligence in an increasingly multicultural globalised business environment
The capacity for professional development and competencies in relation to management across knowledge and understanding, cognitive skills and behavioural/professional skills.
Knowledge of a variety of business analysis techniques, including the ability to select and use critically appropriate analytical tools in different business situations.
A critical understanding of the factors determining organisational performance in an international environment.7
You will know and understand business stakeholders, resources and financing; maximising efficiencies to add value to an organisation and society;
You will be able to critically analyse, assess and take informed decisions within the constraints of complex global business environments;
You will integrate functional knowledge and apply strategic management skills to successfully manage, negotiate, lead and manage teams through the constantly changing international environment to achieve organisational goals;
You will operate ethically, effectively acting with integrity in cross'cultural settings and, understanding the nature of globalisation and
You will understand how they can enhance their career and have a commitment to lifelong learning
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- Significant post-graduation and/or relevant work experience on which the learning process should build, normally the experience required will be at least two years
- At least UK class 2:2 or equivalent university degree
- English language requirement of at least IELTS level 6.5 or TOEFL 610 and meeting UK Visa requirements for international students
- All applicants will be interviewed prior to acceptance on to the programme. The aim of the interview process is to ensure that students will have a positive impact on the learning experience of those on the journey with them.
- Key to our provision is group work; peer to peer learning and application of learning to live projects preferably drawn from the student’s work place and/or experience. Therefore, it is imperative that students can contribute to this process with enthusiasm and in a collegiate manner.
- Interviews will be carried out by the Course Director and can be face to face or via Skype.
- If students are deemed unsuitable for a place on our MBA programme they will be offered an alternative pathway.