MFA Fine Art at Wimbledon College of Arts is designed to support you as an emerging artist. Through practical experimentation and contextual research you will identify your practice's unique qualities and how they align with the contemporary art world.
**What can you expect?**
• To be taught over two / three days per week, depending on the stage in the course, with access to the MFA Fine Art studios and Wimbledon's shared workshops on these days.
• To conduct research and gain practical experience in the remainder of your week.
• Time to explore and claim your art practice through acquiring a high level of awareness about the contemporary art world and understanding how your work operates within this territory.
• Your skills to be honed through our Professional Toolkit, with a course curriculum based on the recent Arts Council England’s recommendations for skills'sets required for both artists and arts organisations to flourish.
• Access to all University of the Arts London’s libraries.
• To create a web folio instead of a formal academic written paper, which contextualises and showcases your artwork.
• Learn how to set up websites and use your online presence to profile your work.
**About Wimbledon College of Arts**
Set in the heart of South West London, Wimbledon College of Arts encourages practical experimentation to learn the skills needed for a successful career in the arts within both Fine Arts and Theatre & Screen practices.
The College’s specialist workshops, studios and on'site professional theatre provide an environment in which students can develop and learn from expert tutors and technicians who either work in the industry or have their own practices.
Through the College's shared course projects, lectures and exhibitions; students are encouraged to work collaboratively whilst exposed to a wide range of disciplines and ideas. Wimbledon College of Arts has a historic international reputation for producing artists and designers known for their exceptional creativity, technical ability and professionalism.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Master of Fine Arts - MFA (PG)||£9,000||Home Fees|
|Master of Fine Arts - MFA (PG)||£23,020||Overseas Fees|
- Honours degree in either art and design or drawing-related disciplines, including social and other sciences or engineering; study proposal; portfolio of work; details of 2 referees; alternative qualifications and experience will also be taken into consideration; IELTS level 6.5 or above if English is not an applicant's 1st language, with at least 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking (please check our English language requirements).