The course is for motivated students who enjoy working within high'pressure environments often to tight deadlines. You will need a good undergraduate degree as well as the tenacity and patience to understand business systems and the ability to adapt to constant change.
The MSc in Business Systems Analysis and Design is not about developing algorithms and coding. We work with technology but we are not technicians because we know that to become an IT consultant or business analyst, you need to understand the disparate areas that make up the discipline. This is a Masters degree where you will design a business system; in order to do this you will unpick the information infrastructure to find out if the system works.
Analysing a business system is a process that demands constant re'evaluation. By investigating system requirements, considering how information flows through it, and exploring the pitfalls that emerge within user hierarchies, at City we examine the business system as a whole. This approach is essential to respond to rapid business change.
Business engineering with ERP solutions INM342 (15 credits);
Business intelligence & analytics INM451 (15 credits);
Practical business systems consultancy INM353 (15 credits);
Project management INM372 (15 credits);
Research methods and professional issues INM373 (15 credits);
Systems specification INM312 (15 credits).
User'centred design INM355 (15 credits);
Information and knowledge management INM351 (15 credits);
Databases INM343 (15 credits);
Information Retrieval (IR) INM351 (15 credits);
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- Applicants should hold A Bachelor’s degree with lower second class honours or above, or overseas equivalent.
- Previous academic and commercial experience is considered.
- Other Suitable Qualifications
- INTO Postgraduate preparation Programmes
- If you do not qualify for direct entry, our partner INTO City, University of London offers academic preparation programmes which focus on the skills you need. Successful completion of the Graduate Diploma in Science and Engineering at INTO City, University of London means guaranteed progression to this degree.