This course gives students the opportunity to specialise in corporate finance, one of the most popular sectors of financial services and will give students the knowledge to successfully navigate the rapidly changing global landscape of corporate finance.
This exciting new MSc degree course will develop your financial expertise to the highest level.
The course is a Chartered Financial Analyst Institute (CFA) Partner Programme and is also accredited by Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). Please see the Accreditations tab for more information on how you can benefit from this partnership. Students on the MSc in Corporate Finance and the MSc in Investment Management are able to apply for an additional year's study at LUISS or Bocconi business schools in Italy. Two places are available at each school every year. Students are selected on the basis of their term one results at Cass and a short essay.International elective modules may also be available in term three.
Term 1: corporate finance and valuation; financial reporting; statistics in finance; theory of finance; Research Methods Module.
Term 2: topics in mergers and acquisitions; advanced corporate finance; corporate risk management; financial statement analysis. Term 3: MSc Research Project.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- Degree Level: A UK 2.1 or above, or the equivalent from an overseas institution, Some level of previous study in finance or quantitative methods is preferred.
- References: Applicants will need to submit two references, one of which MUST be an academic reference.
- English Requirements: IELTS: The required IELTS level is an average of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing.
- Please note that due to changes in the UKVI's list of SELTs we are no longer able to accept TOEFL as evidence of English language for students who require a CAS as of April 2014.
- CFA Claritas Investment Certificate: Covers the essentials of finance, ethics, and investment roles, providing a clear understanding of the global investment industry, Highly recommended, particularly for students from a non finance background.
- GMAT: Highly recommended, A well-balanced score in the range of 600-800 will significantly strengthen your application
- Work Experience: Work experience is not a requirement, but please provide details of relevant experience that might enhance your profile. This information will be included in your CV which is required with all applications.