BA (Hons) Costume for Theatre and Screen at Wimbledon College of Arts introduces students to professional costume for theatre, film, television and live performance. The course offers two specialist disciplines; costume design and costume interpretation.
**What can you expect?**
• To gain an understanding of the essential elements of costume.
• To work on both studio and performance based live projects such as costume design for historical and contemporary texts and opera, site specific production, dance, film and theatre.
• To explore colour and texture through mixed media experimentation for two'dimensional design and textile work, and take a creative approach to problem solving during construction.
• To be taught by industry professionals, who ensure the development of a realistic working process, that’s informed by current practices and debates.
• To be guided through a broad range of skills and technical areas including; analysing texts and characters, corsetry, developing a visual language, drawing, millinery, pattern cutting, garment construction and fabrication, research skills and textile manipulation.
• To study historical and social contexts of Western Europe’s evolution in costume through independent research, underpinned by a series of lectures.
• An on'going contextual studies programme that builds our students’ knowledge and helps develop their critical understanding of the changing culture of film, television and the arts.
• To have access to Wimbledon's shared workshops. View the Wimbledon facilities section.
**About Wimbledon College of Arts**
Set in the heart of South West London, Wimbledon College of Arts encourages practical experimentation to learn the skills needed for a successful career in the arts within both Fine Arts and Theatre & Screen practices.
The College’s specialist workshops, studios and on'site professional theatre provide an environment in which students can develop and learn from expert tutors and technicians who either work in the industry or have their own practices.
Through the College's shared course projects, lectures and exhibitions; students are encouraged to work collaboratively whilst exposed to a wide range of disciplines and ideas. Wimbledon College of Arts has a historic international reputation for producing artists and designers known for their exceptional creativity, technical ability and professionalism.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£9,250||Home Fees|
|Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - BA (Hons)||£19,350||Overseas Fees|