The LLM Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution offers you the opportunity to gain a recognised legal professional qualification as a Graduate Member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx), and build valuable professional experience working as a volunteer in our Legal Advice Clinic.
You'll study the law, procedure and theory of civil litigation and related dispute resolution processes while also gaining practical legal experience and developing your professional skills. All students will take part in face to face, drop'in advice giving sessions at our Legal Advice Clinic and may have an opportunity to volunteer at our Lambeth County Court Help Desk.
Modules include: Civil justice; civil litigation practice (cilex); legal advice (clinical); dissertation. Optional modules: advocacy (clinical); mediation and negotiation; employment law practice (cilex); family law practice (cilex); criminal litigation practice (cilex).
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- *2:2 Honours degree in Law or related subject (such as Sociology, Criminology and Forensic Science) or a Bachelor degree equivalent to UK Second Class Honours Lower Division; or
- *Graduate Diploma in Law; or
- *(Post)Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies and Continuing Professional Education.
- To be eligible for the CILEx qualification:
- You must hold either a UK qualifying law degree or a UK Graduate Diploma in Law.