This Masters degree has been designed to give you a wide perspective when it comes to analysing and forecasting the future for energy, environmental technology and economics. We engage with the industry so you gain a real'world understanding of the problems that exist, and we consider our own ethical responsibilities in relation to energy use.
Imagine a Grade 1'listed building such as the Guildhall in London. As an energy consultant your task is to analyse the site to make it more efficient. But there is a caveat: you cannot make any structural changes to the walls or the windows. The MSc Energy and Environmental Technology and Economics course gives you the tools to examine and address these kinds of challenges.
The MSc Energy and Environmental Technology and Economics course is not about learning academic theories. Instead we focus on the breadth of the subject in the real world. By engaging with practising businesses and trade associations we identify a range of perspectives, and look at the influence of a myriad of other forces at play, from regulation and government funding, to behavioural psychology and emerging technologies.
Introduction to Energy and Environmental Issues (15 credits);
Energy Policies and Economic Dimensions (15 credits);
The Energy Market from the Purchaser's Perspective (15 credits); and
Corporate Energy Management (15 credits).
Energy, Consumer Goods and the Home (15 credits);
Transport Energy and Emissions (15 credits);
Energy in Industry and the Built Environment (15 credits);
Water Supply and Management (15 credits);
Renewable Energy and Sustainability (15 credits); and
Risk Management (15 credits).
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- A Bachelor’s degree with lower second class honours or above, or overseas equivalent in a discipline related to energy and the environment (for example, energy management and economics, energy policy, environment or engineering).
- Relevant industrial experience is also considered alongside academic qualifications.
- Other Suitable Qualifications: Kaplan International College (KIC) London
- Additionally, the University works in partnership with KIC London to provide preparatory courses for international students. Foundation and Pre Masters courses at KIC London offer comprehensive support to students including regular one-to-one tuition. Progression to the University is guaranteed if you complete the KIC London course at the required level.
- Applicants may have financial, management or technological backgrounds, but must be able to show potential to reach a senior position in the energy industry.