Learn about managing arts and media organisations ' including film and TV, museums, galleries and theatres ' from practitioners and academics who are actively working in the arts sector. Some classes might even take place in our partner arts venues around London.
The main purpose of the degree is to provide a flexible programme of professional development that forges a combination of creative, critical and management skills, as well as enabling technical skills. The focus on transferable work'related knowledge and skills will enable students to meet the changing demands associated with changes in technology, environment and work role.
After successfully completing this foundation degree, you can undertake one further year of study, equivalent to the third year of an honours degree, to graduate with a BA Arts and Media Management.
Year 1 compulsory modules:
• Arts and Media: An Introduction
• Creative Organisations.
Year 2 compulsory module:
• Cultural Labour and Entrepreneurship.
Year 2 indicative option modules:
• Audience Engagement
• Cinema Today
• Introduction to Cinema
• Introduction to Journalism Practice
• Introduction to Public Relations
• Journalism in British Life
• Media Studies: Key Thinkers and Approaches
• Performing/Live Arts: Histories, Networks and Organisations
• Television: History and Future
• The Politics of Culture
• Visual Art: Histories, Networks and Organisations
• Web Design and Development: Making the Web Work.
Year 3 compulsory module:
• Developing Creative Projects.
Year 3 indicative option modules:
• Cultural Identity and the Media
• Developing an Arts Project
• Film, Narrative and Genre
• French Cinema: History, Practice, Analysis
• Journalism and Politics
• Journalism: Interview Skills and Feature Writing
• Managing a Performing/Live Arts Project
• Marketing and PR in the Creative Industries
• Media, Technology and Culture
• Screenwriting ' The Thirty'Minute Script
• Storytelling in Television
• The Versatile Journalist
• Theorising Japanese Cinema
• Web Design and Development: Effective Website Development
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
|Foundation Degree in Arts - FdA||£4,625||Home Fees|
|Foundation Degree in Arts - FdA||£6,675||Overseas Fees|