This broadly'based programme provides a complete study of the physics of the solid Earth and its constituent materials, and of its the atmosphere, oceans and ice sheets, leading to a firm foundation in geology, geological fieldwork, physics, mathematics and computing. The programme is fully accredited by the Geological Society of London.
Year 1 examples: Mathematical methods 1; mathematical methods II; the earth; classical mechanics. Year 2 examples: Maps, images and structures; structural geology and tectonics; electricity and magnetism; physics of the solar system. Year 3 examples: Physics of oceans, ice sheets and climate; field methods in active tectonics; geodynamics and global tectonics.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Advanced Higher ABB-AAA
- Irish Leaving Certificates AAABB
- GCE A-level ABB-AAA
- European Baccalaureate 77%-85%
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- International Baccalaureate
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 66%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 83%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 96%
|Studying and working||1|
Total Written: 56%
Total Coursework: 39%
Total Practical: 5%