Astrophysics makes demands across a broad frontier of technologies: materials science, optics and electronics. This three'year programme teaches students to apply their knowledge of physics to astronomical observation and to the interpretation of the data and images obtained.
Year 1 examples: Thermal physics; practical skills 1A; waves, optics and acoustics; practical skills 1C. Year 2 examples: Statistical thermodynamics; physics of the solar system; practical astrophysics 2A; electricity and magnetism. Year 3 examples: The physics and evolution of stars; cosmology and extragalactic astronomy; astronomical spectroscopy.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Advanced Higher AAA
- Irish Leaving Certificates AAABB
- GCE A-level AAAe
- European Baccalaureate 80%-85%
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- BTEC National Diploma DDD
- International Baccalaureate
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma DDD
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 87%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 85%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 90%
|Studying and working||0|
Total Written: 66%
Total Coursework: 26%
Total Practical: 8%