It allows you to specialise in Latin language and literature. The course offers a wide range of non'linguistic options including classical archaeology and ancient philosophy as well as ancient history and classical literature in translation. You will have the opportunity to acquire skills of translation not only from Latin into English but also from English into Latin. You will be able to choose to take a second year project and to write a third year dissertation if you wish. You will become part of a friendly and supportive department with a tradition of good pastoral care.
Modules include: beginners Latin; intermediate Latin; Latin language and reading; intensive Latin; Latin prose composition; Latin verse composition.
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
Part Time Day
- GCE A-level ABB-AAB
- European Baccalaureate 80%
- International Baccalaureate 32
- Course specific
- SQA Advanced Higher
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- SQA Higher AABBB
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 87%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 89%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 62%
|Studying and working||5|
Total Written: 61%
Total Coursework: 39%