Czech is a Slavonic language, largely mutually comprehensible with Slovak and spoken by approximately 11 million native speakers. This programme offers the opportunity to gain excellent language skills and a profound knowledge of Czech literature, history and culture that will prepare you for a wide variety of careers in Europe.
Year 1 examples: Czech language level 1; introduction to east European literatures in translation. Year 2 examples: Czech decadence and symbolism; language and society; linguistics and verbal art (forms of content). Year 3 examples: Year abroad. Year 4 examples: Linguistics and verbal art (forms of content); linguistics and verbal art (forms of expression); vampires, society and culture (Transylvania and beyond).
|Duration & Attendance||Qualification||Tuition fees||Fee type|
- SQA Advanced Higher ABB-AAB
- Irish Leaving Certificates AABBB
- GCE A-level ABB-AAB
- European Baccalaureate 77%
- International Baccalaureate
- Course specific
- GCE AS-level
- BTEC National Diploma DDD
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma DDD
- SQA Higher
- GCSE/SQA Standard Grade
Key Course Information
The KIS is an official overview of comparable information on higher education courses for prospective students. Read more.
- The course is well organised and is running smoothly 72%
- I have been able to access general IT resources when I needed to 87%
- The library resources and services are good enough for my needs 93%
|Studying and working||5|
Total Written: 72%
Total Coursework: 24%
Total Practical: 3%